A Luncheon in Celebration of Mental Health Awareness Month
Guest Speaker: Shannon Heffernan, WBEZ
May is Mental Health Awareness Month, and we kicked it off in style at YFC's 3rd Annual Food For Thought Luncheon, held May 4, 2017 at the elegant Knollwood Club in Lake Forest. Guests were inspired by the message of our keynote speaker, Shannon Heffernan, a reporter for WBEZ radio, and moved by the heartwarming stories of YFC’s retiring Clinical Director Jim Shackelford.
Many thanks to our friends who attended this event, and to those who could not attend but donated generously to our agency. Special thanks to our 2017 Sponsors, including:
- Premier Sponsors - Allstate, BCU.
- Platinum Sponsors - Tom & Annette Freyman, JLL, William Frick & Company.
- Gold Sponsors - Libertyville Bank & Trust, Greg & Lorraine Pritchard.
- Silver Sponsors – Stephen Parker, DDS
- Bronze Sponsors -Lance & Carol Piccolo, Glenn Warning
Because of our dedicated supporters, Food For Thought raised almost $25,000 to provide mental health counseling to low income, underinsured families in our community.